FAQ om Nilan gateway og app
Below, we have collected and provided answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding
the Nilan Gateway and App. If you require more information, please contact one of our dealers or service partners who will be able to help.
Choose from the following topics:
- Wi-Fi gateway
- LAN gateway
- Nilan app
- Check that you use the correct SSID-name and password for your Wi-Fi. Letters must be entered using upper and lower case correctly.
- Check that the frequency on your Wi-Fi network is 2.4 GHz.
No, the Nilan Wi-Fi gateway only supports 2.4 GHz.
- Check that your Wi-Fi is connected and that neither the SSID-name nor the password has been changed
- Check that your Nilan unit still has Modbus address 30
- Check the connection between the gateway and the Nilan unit
- The LED (a) should be flashing during start-up. The light-emitting diode shows that it is connected to a Nilan unit and which unit it is connected to. The LED will then light continuously. This indicates that it has located a Nilan unit that is now available in your app.
Check that the green LED (a) flashes when you turn on the power supply to the gateway
• If the LED is not flashing during start-up, check the connection between the gateway and the Nilan unit
• Check the Modbus-ID on the Nilan unit (the ID-address should be 30)
The green LED (a) is flashing
• The connection to the unit is OK
• Press the Mode button for 10 sec. (see the manual - page 4)
• Status: The LED lights red continuously (see the manual - page 4)
• The gateway is now in ‘connect mode’ and has connected to the Wi-Fi network (see the manual - page 12)
• Log on to network 1141_Gateway password: 1141_Gateway
• Open the app and select ‘configure Wi-Fi gateway’
• The gateway no. is now displayed in the app at the top
• Enter the name of you Wi-Fi network under SSID. Remember to use upper and lower case correctly
• Enter the password for your network under ‘Password’. Remember to use upper and lower case correctly
• Your gateway will restart and the LED should now light green continuously (your gateway is now connected to your local Wi-Fi network)
• Open the app: The gateway number will now be displayed in the app (press the gateway number)
• You will then be prompted to set up a user. Enter the email address you want to use
• If the email address has previously been used, it will say: Existing user. If so, enter the associated password
• Setting up a new user: You will receive an email with your password and you will now be able to log in to your gateway
- The unit cannot find a Nilan unit (see the manual - page 4)
- Check that the Modbus address is 30.
- Check the connection between the unit and the gateway.
- The LED (a) should be flashing during start-up (see the manual - page 4). The light-emitting diode shows that it is connected to a Nilan unit and which unit it is connected to. The LED will then light continuously. This indicates that it has located a Nilan unit that is now available in you app.
- Check the LAN connection.
First, turn on your Nilan unit. Once the unit is up and running correctly, connect your gateway to a power supply.
There can only be one user, but the user can be installed on several phones.
Yes, you can have several units in one app. You can switch between the units that are connected to the app under settings.
This function has been removed because certain operational situations may cause the supply air temperature to be misleading.
This function has been removed because certain operational situations may cause the discharge air temperature to be misleading.
General information about the gateway and the app
No, you can only connect a single gateway to a unit.
The gateway has been programmed to ask for address 30, and your Nilan unit should therefore be set at Modbus address 30 (default setting on Nilan units).
Max. 100 metres for CAT6 cables.
Max. 100 metres when using a shielded twisted pair cable.
Contact a dealer of Nilan products.
A user may have been set up already. Contact a dealer of Nilan products.
You do this under settings in the Nilan User App.
Yes, if you inform us of the ID number of your gateway, Nilan Service will be able to connect to your unit and potentially offer online support.
Contact our partners
Whether you wish to purchase a new filter or you need assistance with troubleshooting or balancing your Nilan unit, our partners will be able to help you. You can find links for both national and international partners here.